Wednesday, July 11, 2007

vfx: printshop exterior


One thing I always notice in movies is the bad practical pasted-on signs used to transform buildings from one type to another. In that sense, moviemakers have been photoshoppping signs long before Photoshop. This shot is a screen capture of a building edited in Photoshop with grain added later in After Effects. The shot is technically simple, but artistically difficult because I was trying to add something that wasn't there ("PRINTING"). It still doesn't look that great. I also removed a barricade and made the windows look like they were still in place. Dan said it would be nice if we could get Ben walking into the building. Yes, that would be nice. I'm going to see if I can find a better building. Dan thought the Mercury Printing was too nice. This one is probably too derelict.

No comments: