Sunday, July 15, 2007

DVD extras


I'm not sure what's happening to everyone but this past week, Erik went AWOL. Hopefully he will show up soon. Ben and I have been talking about DVD extras. The extras I think up are all educational. Ben's ideas all sound like mockumentaries. As soon as we're done shooting pickups/reshoots, he wants to shave his head so he has this idea that we should interview him on video then. I keep telling him about the extras for the Happiness of the Katakuris and how the behind-the-scenes documentary has a Hanna Barbera-esque rupture between screen image and interview personality. So I thought I'd better post some pictures for him. The above photo is the from the movie, a dark comedy in which a humble, frumpy middle class Japanese family is beset with obstacles as they try to run a bed and breakfast. Notice the grandfather and the mom (circled). Below is how they appear in their DVD interviews. I love the mom's feathers and the grandfather's Gregory Peck-esque style.

No comments: