Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Productivity

I'm pretty close to moving the project into After Effects for mastering. So I've been fixing bugs in the film trying to just get it done. I got rid of two shots in the shot list today—

Ben caresses the spinner in the shrine
Open door with jacket on

I just corrected the caressing scene to make it look better and cut out the part with Ben's shirt. Done. I also just got rid of the CU shot where Ben opens the door and used the establishing shot instead. Done.

This morning I spent a few hours readying Destination Infinity for printing. I then sent it out to Winkflash, my favorite vendor for this kind of stuff. Cards, posters, no minimum print runs and great quality. Then I spent a few hours going through the old master tapes looking for some missing shots.

The hard part of doing all of this is feeling productive. It all has to be done but it's time consuming and I don't feel like I'm getting much accomplished.

My Dad wanted to see the film last night so I showed it to him. He found it hard to follow in terms of the story line (duh, especially in its current state). He had the good observation that it reminded him of The da Vinci code. He also thought Ben was "impressive." We have a temp voice over in there now so I didn't get the "where's the dialogue?" comment.

No comments: