Monday, July 09, 2007

Impressions of today

Today's talks with Dan and Ben were rewarding because it seems like we're all on the same page. Everything Dan brought up made sense as did everything Ben mentioned. Also, Ben apparently went on a short trip last week which is why he disappeared.

I suspect the video will read as planned. The average viewer will probably not know exactly what's going on, but shouldn't find it painful to watch. I think they might get pleasure by watching the buzzy animations and knowing that there is some kind of structure and logic to the thing. I think you can turn off your mind and just experience the piece in a sensual way. People used to watching these sorts of videos may pick up some of the general themes. I like the fact that viewers can gain a fuller understanding of the movie via careful rewinding and viewing though I don't expect anyone to do this. There's a real density to the piece.

I'm feeling like we're on the home stretch. Dan asked for a copy of the current version as well as some AIFFs to use as audio assets. He's going to try to sketch out some things in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: