Thursday, July 26, 2007

fx: trash removal & multiplane

Ben thinks that I sound most like a director when I talk about visual effects. I'm not sure where that comes from. The other day I built a multi-plane to do the push in to the morning workroom exterior from still images. It's OK. I may try another location I just found. In the future when photogrammetry becomes easy and widespread, this kind of thing will be a snap.

I also did the desert trash removal shot. That was as easy as expected and looks great. In After Effects I drew masks to delete the offending trash. Then I put a duplicate layer of the footage underneath the masked layer and moved it over. The brush is so busy and dense you just cannot see the effect. Plus, because I'm using the same layer, the color and movement match well.

No comments: