Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ceilings and floors



Today the lead crew finished demolishing the old addition to our house. The house looks a hundred times better. From the inside I can now see the sky and the mountain. It makes a huge difference. I love it.

I realized that filmmaking is helping me think about the house. The other day I wrote about how I neglected to pay attention to the ceilings of the sets. As I look through our windows I now realize that a lot of what I'm seeing is the ground and the sky. So I have to be careful not to obstruct the sky view as well as choose outside tiles/flooring that, like a rug, will go with the rest of the house.

In the top picture, note that Photoshop stitched together the image wrong. The beam between the windows is not broken as it appears.

No comments: