Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The bird that wouldn't die


I went on Ebay and looked at taxidermy animals. They weren't expensive but I was pretty sure they wouldn't look good as movie props. At a certain point, I'd be getting into prosthetics... which is conceptually fine, but I don't know how to do that stuff.

So I think it's back to birds... or rather, A bird. I found a realistic crow that I think will work if I replace the feet with real bird feet. Imagine it in the passenger's seat, the sky blown out, backlit in haze, in shadow so you can just barely make out feathers and a claw or two. I'm storyboarding it, but I think I can get by with one bluescreen and one roto or blend mode composite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"roadkill has its seasons
just like anything else"
-tom waits

admin said...

I did end up ordering the bird!