Sunday, October 22, 2006

Things that go suck


While cleaning out my hard disk I stumbled upon my copy of Belief's Untitled003:Embryo, a short film I bought on iTunes. I had been following this film for awhile since I'm familiar with Belief (motion graphics company) and their work. It looked to be an experimental visual effects piece that might be poetic and sort of interesting. But it was unbelievably lame, like a demo reel for music videos glued together with a cliched narrative posing as an experimental film. Sample dialogue: "For your dream might well become your nightmare!" But seriously, what exactly was I expecting from Belief?

I also recently purchased the '06 premiere of SNL starring Dane Cook. More money down the iTunes drain. I'm sort of intrigued by iTunes because essentially it offers what cable companies have refused to provide: ala carte pricing. But on regular cable, you watch something sucky and you just go "meh." When you pay $2 for a video and spend 15 minutes downloading it, it just seems to suck more.

No comments: