Thursday, October 05, 2006

The red room scene evolves...

Dan sent me some of the preliminary audio for the big finale. Here's an excerpt of my response...

Been listening to your audio. It made me realize that the way I originally planned the visuals is probably going to have to change. If you recall, I had originally envisioned a kind of slide show composed of photos of the red room walls. The audio would start and we would see close up what's on the walls ---the visuals would play off the audio. But the audio has so much movement, that I'm thinking I may need to go to video. The idea would be that Ben has not only pieced together the audio but has pieced together video and is trying to run the two in sync. This reminds of things I used to back in the Super-8 days when you pressed play on the tape recorder and pressed play on the movie projector hoping the two ran together. There would be code numbers on the video and of course it would look all weird and garbled like the piece we made for Shim Chong. So the video and the audio would occassionally sync up then wander. Both would be glitchy. If the audio gets too distorted, there could be some video support for that section.

No comments: