Monday, October 02, 2006

More spinner troubles

Our tempermental star, the spinner acted up again yesterday when we tried to shoot some cutaways and 2nd unit stuff without Ben. I moved the set near a window to make it more photogenic which means that the drill mount is no longer in the right location. So we tried to make the spinner spin using the technique Ben used in the red room--simply hanging it from the ceiling and spinning. But we got too much side to side sway. When it works, the effect looks great. But generally I rue the day I came up the idea of a levitating spinner. Also, I realized that Ben and Erik spin the spinner in different directions! On the drill mount the spinner goes clockwise. When Erik did it, he spun it counter-clockwise. So I had to reverse all the footage. Spinner continuity. Yeesh.

No comments: