Monday, October 30, 2006

Codex video test [video]


Been working on a test for the Codex video. I'm starting by animating the spinner in After Effects. I then export and run it through Moving ASCII which is a nice utility that converts videos into ASCII movies. I then bring it back into AE, split the channels into R, G and B layers and then use the Wiggler to shake the channels. The idea is that this image is going through a real cheap video system and the RGB guns keep vibrating. I then blur out the edges and use a home-grown video noise movie as a displacement map. I got the noise movie from about 9 years ago when we were still doing VCR to VCR connections at school. The displacement map causes the spinner image to shake and shudder. I then go back in and chop out little sections here and there to create glitches in the rotation.

VIEW

No comments: