Monday, April 21, 2008

Time clock, computer, slide viewer, royalty-free music

So much for the time clock idea. I ran the time clock for a few hours and it moved ahead only a little. So I'm going to have to open it up to get it to read the right time.

I picked up a computer today. I realized that in the past 7 or so years when I've exclusively used laptops the world has changed. At one time, interfaces were modular so you put windows where you needed them. But starting with After Effects 7 and with Apple's Color, you pretty much need a big monitor because everything appears contextually in one giant window. Good way to sell hardware Apple.

Got the slide viewer today. It works even better than I had hoped. You can drag film strips through it and they slide sort of like microfilm. It looks great. Plus I already have a lot of old filmstrips that I can use for filler. Now I have to find a place that turns computer files into sequential shots on 35mm film.

I've been checking through royalty-free music sites in case Dan can't come through with music. The ones I like best are stockmusic.net and premiumbeat.com. My idea was to find stuff and modify it a bit. I also need to check through Apple's Soundtrack and see if there's anythign usable.

stockmusic.net
magic box
deranged innocence
allure of night
chamber of echoes
american beautyish
REFLECTIVE
film beauty
lost
film EDGE SUSPENSE

premium beat
spirit of meditation
requiem for a waterfall

No comments: