Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Coverage

We still have a lot more pickups and reshoots to do so I was thinking about shooting strategies. The most common ones I know are standard coverage: start wide then do two shots, close ups, etc. or editing in the camera: just shooting what you know you'll need. A third one would be to prototype/pre-edit everything and then shoot, a variation of the second approach. This third approach is most natural for me yet I still don't find it satisfactory.

I may try the following when we do the new morning interiors. I have a rough idea of what the place looks like. I'll go in and get the major shots I need or find. Then I'll go home and edit and then come back and shoot the connecting shots that I have missed. In a sense, that's what I end up doing anyway. I've told the guys that I usually need to shoot everything twice and I think this is what I've been doing all along.

No comments: