Sunday, February 18, 2007

Desperate times call for desperate measures


On Friday Erik and I did the bird test. What can I say? It just looks like a blob hitting the car window. I was thinking about it, trying to analyze the difficulty of getting this scene. It comes down to this: we are trying to shoot a bird without using a bird and make it look even better than the scene that we're copying from The Birds which uses a bird. So this calls for more drastic measures. I spent part of the day yesterday looking up powered ornithopters. You can get one for $100. But I don't think that's the solution. Plus, it's expensive. At this very moment I'm rendering a flying bird animation I found at creative cow. It's actually the perfect bird (pigeon-like) doing the perfect thing (flapping its wings) in the perfect format (Cinema 4D r8). The question is whether I can composite this thing or not. It's probably not more than about 30 frames so that's in my favor. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: