Saturday, November 18, 2006

So LA....


It's sort of fun walking around with the spinner base. It's like going to the prom with the prettiest girl in the senior class... everyone is staring in awe and wonder. Maybe not quite, but literally everytime I carry it around to get parts I get stopped and asked what it is At C & H, one of the workers asked what it was. When I said it was a prop he gave a knowing nod and said, "I was watching you walk around with that thing and I was wondering what that was! Looks great! Actually I think a lot of people get prop supplies there.

Then later I was getting some screws at OSH. An older guy in a red trucker's cap asked what it was and I gave him my usual answer, "it's just a prop." He said, "oh yeah, I'm looking for props too." He was an actor drafted into making a projection lantern prop for a theater performance in Burbank. It's about a girl who ages at four times normal speed.

It made me wonder if a lot of the people you see wandering around hardware stores are really just making props for theater and film. That would be so LA.

No comments: