Sunday, July 30, 2006

Saturday & Monsters Inc.

Just did a few little things yesterday. Did some tests in the red room. Checked out how to make Ben's huge back yard double for the desert. Biggest problem: his grey dirt doesn't match the desert's red dirt. Solution: find red dirt. Erik's scheduling the library for shooting soon. I don't know how most crews get so many setups done per day. I don't know if it's the practical effects, the props, the small crew or just me, but we rarely seem to get more than a handful of shots done during each session. The planned July schedule: out the window.

I've been watching Monsters Inc over and over with Sean. It got me thinking how weird the film industry is. Monsters Inc is incredibly well-crafted. But at the theater it costs the same to watch a Pixar film or a poorly made film. Are there any other industries in which you pay the same price for various products? Weird.

No comments: