Friday, April 17, 2009

Correction-again




After trying the interesting but unusable super 8 test I was pretty sure I was going to make noise film b/w. Then my computer went down and I had to get the disk replaced. So then I was playing with the film and combined the b/w version with the color version and got pretty much what I wanted originally--a very rich, super-saturated black look so maybe I'll go with this. This one uses the old Overlay blend mode trick in which you put two layers of video together and apply Overlay to the top layer. The difference in this case is that the bottom is b/w effected through Magic Bullet Looks with some added grain. It's a time consuming render because there are actually four simultaneous corrections + the blend mode going on but I think it looks nice.

No comments: