Saturday, December 02, 2006

Great movies


I just couldn't make it through Superman Returns. At a certain point--I think it was when Superman x-ray visions Lois's home life--it turned into a movie of the week. My favorite part of the movie was casting James Marsden as Kate Bosworth's love interest. It's a funny joke that Lois Lane would be cohabitating with an X-man and I was always sort of curious what his eyes looked like. BTW, I liked X-Men 3 just fine.

The other week Ben's wife Krissy asked me, "so what movies do you like?" I get this sort of question all the time since apparently I sound like some sort of hater.

So here are movies that I think are great movies.

Ed Wood
Richly textured visually, thematically and emotionally.

Living in Oblivion
Funny and instructional.

Starship Troopers
Discover your inner Nazi with "the best pro/anti war film ever made."

Team America World Police
Intelligent, multi-layered, fantastic satire and totally stupid.

Harakiri
It's genetic.

*I added the following later...

The Matrix
Duh.

The Godfather
Everyone's favorite.

No comments: